Resume of Kristof Kovacs, software architect and consultant
Some companies I've already worked with...
Senior consultant and partner, Priority Queue Consulting, 2010 – currently
Priority Queue is a boutique consulting company specializing in planning, managing, and developing bespoke web applications and high-performance backend systems.
- Had a role in RFPs for massive government contracts
- Helped to kick off a handful of seed- and early-stage startups in Europe, Asia and America
- Conceived and developed mission-critical algorithms and software in Golang, Erlang, C and Python
- Put together and led diverse DevOps teams
- Advising clients about various software project management and architecture topics
Software Architect and CTO, partnerSYS Inc 2007 – 2011
Responsible for the development of the company's main product, Custom-R™, a Customer Relationship Management and Sales Force Automation (CRM/SFA) software, similar in features to salesforce.com, but more customizable. The software is being used at Renault and Ford, among other companies.
- Responsible for all technical and HR decisions regarding product development
- Coordinating the development efforts of programmers in Hungary and India
- Managing operations of a proprietary high-availability cloud solution
Software Architect and co-founder, Mobile Planet Ltd 2005 – 2010
Mobile Planet is a mobile phone software development and entertainment company, whose three main products are a WAP Adventure Game Engine (called WAGE); a Twitter™-like mobile community product called "Mizu?"; and a mobile soccer manager game.
- Our “Soccer Manager” multiplayer game was voted “Best WAP game” at Mobil Show 2006
- WapStocks “Best business application on mobile phones” runner-up at Mobil Show 2006
- Introduced WAGE, the first WAP-based game engine at Nokia Conference 2005 in Barcelona
Software Architect and co-founder, Online Projects Ltd 2004 – 2011
Online Projects is a software development company that specializes in delivering fast and customized software solutions by building on top of field-tested open source products like Drupal, vTiger or the Zend Framework.
- Experience in various sectors (finance, fmcg, retail, telecomm, media, education, etc)
- Lead the development effort of multiple very high-load websites and webapps
- Created a stock trading simulator system for the Hungarian Stock Exchange
- Lots of experience in managing distributed development teams and in business administration
Senior Consultant, Qualysoft Ag 1998 – 2005
As a developer, project manager and senior consultant my responsibilities were development team leading, IT advisory, programming, keeping in touch with key accounts, and supporting the sales team. During my time at the company, I worked in Hungary, Austria, and Germany.
- More than 15 successful projects in 6 years (General Electric, Renault, Chrysler, Infineon)
- Participating in the development in two Austrian stock broker systems (Erste Bank, Meinl Bank)
- Developed high-tech gear such as the wearable computers of Xybernaut Ag.
- Introduced “Agile programming” development methodology
- Built the IT infrastructure for successful ISO 9001-2002 audits
- Military developments in Germany
Software Developer, Medimon Ltd 1995 – 1998
Development of mission-critical medical applications. Development of software for radiology stations. Planning, designing, developing and maintaining complete hospital radiology systems in several Hungarian and foreign hospitals.
- Development of several generations of the same solution (DOS, Windows, UNIX)
- First European commercial implementation of the DICOM medical communication protocol
- Development of Hungary’s first tele-radiology system
- Exhaustive QA, because repeated medical examinations cause X-ray overdose
- Successful installations as far away as Mogilev, Belarus
Freelance Programmer, 1993 – 1995
Software development by commission for various companies.
- One of the first Hungarian Videotext service for cable TV networks
- Antivirus and cryptography software
- A specialized CAD application
- Compressed communication protocol on 2400 baud modems
- OS-independent real-time disk encryption